The PSION Organiser II Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Why register?
   The Psion Organiser II Forum
   Psi2Win
   Psi2Win - Support & more
(Moderators: Mikesan, Boris)
   Printing to the PC printer?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Printing to the PC printer?  (Read 942 times)
MartinReid
Power Member

Printing to the PC printer?
« on: Oct 7th, 2011, 8:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Message to Boris

I'll start by saying thank you for continually upgrading the Psi2Win application, I tried to send the champagne as requested but there seems to be a problem with the delivery mechanism.

I've upgraded from V261 which worked flawlessly all this time to V303 as I have acquired a usb to serial converter. After reading one of your posts I chose the Prolific USB to Serial converter as it worked for you. It seems to work fine different COM ports on the Laptop to the PC but still it works fine.

In the ReadMe file you mentioned feedback, well this is more a question rather than a CommsLink emulator request.

When using the Organise II in the days of DOS you could pass through the COMs port direct to a printer port and thus to a printer by typing COPY COM1 LPT1 at the DOS prompt then you could use LPRINT in OPL and output your data to the printer finishing with CHR$(26) to close the COPY and get the command prompt back.

So in that long winded explanation is the question! Do you know of any way of doing the same in windows? Opening a command prompt window doesn't work, It either denies access or doesn't hang around long enough to receive the data from the organiser. Any thoughts you have on this will be much appreciated.

Sincerely and in good faith
Martin Reid
« Last Edit: Oct 28th, 2011, 7:21pm by Boris »
Boris
Administrator

Printing to the PC printer (YES!)
« Reply #1 on: Oct 28th, 2011, 7:19pm »

Hi Martin!

Sorry for the late response! However I have great news for you: I have added a Print Mode to Psi2Win. Currently it is very basic, and has not been tested sufficiently, this is why I call it an experimental build.

You can download build 304 from the Psi2Win download page (scroll to the bottom). Please test it. If it works for you, I may add more features to it.
« Last Edit: Oct 28th, 2011, 7:21pm by Boris »

Triholerahduliäöhh gugguh !! (tyrolean joy jodler)
Rough translation: There's a new build of Psi2Win!!
Email: boris[at]psion2[dot]org
MartinReid
Power Member

Re: Printing to the PC printer?
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13th, 2012, 10:17pm »

Dear Boris

Sorry for the delay... Don't let on to anyone but I've found 'Basic' for my android tablet and I'm currently porting across some on my OPL.

Back to the Experimental Build of Psi2Win 304. Well what can I say - you are a superstar - It works a treat just like the DOS days of Copy COM1 LPT1. My OPL doesn't send the last 'eof' so the time out works really great. It found both of my printers (I don't know how you did that) one of which is a print2PDF so I'll post a copy of a printout in the User Posts Section so you can see the results.

If anyone else is reading this with thoughts of printing from OPL then I recommend a DoPDF printer driver so you can view the results and do all your modifications without disturbing the physical printers.

Once again thank you very much for your time and trouble, you never fail to amaze.

Sincerely and in good faith
Martin Reid
Boris
Administrator

Re: Printing to the PC printer?
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14th, 2012, 11:01am »

Nice to know that it works for you. Maybe I'll invest some more time into that feature. Currently there are no margins and no line wrap.  

Another thought was to evaluate psion and epson printer control codes.

Triholerahduliäöhh gugguh !! (tyrolean joy jodler)
Rough translation: There's a new build of Psi2Win!!
Email: boris[at]psion2[dot]org
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

The Psion Organiser II Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.