The PSION Organiser II Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Why register?
   The Psion Organiser II Forum
   Psi2Win
   Psi2Win - Support & more
(Moderators: Mikesan, Boris)
   [Solved] Psi2Win beta 3 problem
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: [Solved] Psi2Win beta 3 problem  (Read 816 times)
Ian

[Solved] Psi2Win beta 3 problem
« on: Jan 19th, 2011, 12:23pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'm using build 303 on 32-bit Vista with a USB-serial adapter. It identifies the Com port correctly and when I press Start it gives the 'Waiting for Link' message. Underneath this however it says 'Connecting....' (which I don't see with this build on an XP machine with a built-in serial port ).

When I try to send a file it times out on the Psion (running Psion protocol, no Handshaking), and nothing happens on Psi2Win which still says 'Waiting for link. Connecting....'.

if I uninstall build 303 and reinstall build 268 then I can send and receive files correctly  (and I don't see a 'Connecting...' message).

Any idea what the problem could be?

Finally can I just say thanks for all your work keeping the Organiser II alive! It's much appreciated!

Cheers

Ian
« Last Edit: Oct 28th, 2011, 7:23pm by Boris »
Boris
Administrator

Re: Psi2Win beta 3 problem
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19th, 2011, 10:29pm »

Hmmm...
Well first of all, I'm glad that it works with build 268.  
However, if you don't mind, I'll send you debugging instructions via email to help me tracing the problem.

Is anyone else experiencing similar problems?
« Last Edit: Jan 19th, 2011, 10:44pm by Boris »

Triholerahduliäöhh gugguh !! (tyrolean joy jodler)
Rough translation: There's a new build of Psi2Win!!
Email: boris[at]psion2[dot]org
Engelsepiet

« Reply #2 on: May 10th, 2011, 7:35am »

I am using Psi2Win for the first time, and I have a similar problem. I get a "Waiting for link" and nothing else. I am connecting with a DB25 --> DB9 --> USB connection and running Windows Vista. The COM port appears to be recognised correctly (It selected COM5, and then COM4 when I changed to a different USB.) On the Organiser I have selected Handshaking, None, and Protocol. Psion. Am I missing something  obvious?
Boris
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 10th, 2011, 9:35am »

Just to make sure: Did you initialise a transaction on the Organiser?  
It is a common misunderstanding that the server (Psi2Win) will start communicating with the client (Organiser), it does not, it just sits and waits for the client to tell him what to do...

Triholerahduliäöhh gugguh !! (tyrolean joy jodler)
Rough translation: There's a new build of Psi2Win!!
Email: boris[at]psion2[dot]org
Engelsepiet

« Reply #4 on: May 10th, 2011, 11:43am »

Doh!  

Thanks, Boris, I was, indeed, making an assumption. It works fine. You have earned  a donation, both for the program and your prompt reply.

Cheers,

Pete
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

The Psion Organiser II Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.