The PSION Organiser II Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Why register?
   The Psion Organiser II Forum
   Psi2Win
   Psi2Win - Support & more
(Moderators: Mikesan, Boris)
   Blue Screen on Samsung NC10
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Blue Screen on Samsung NC10  (Read 3917 times)
luzius

Blue Screen on Samsung NC10
« on: Apr 1st, 2010, 3:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

After a successful install of Psi2Win 286 beta on a new Samsung NC10 netbook (WinXP Home), every tentative to start Psi2Win produces a Blue Screen of Death.
Even after registering mscomm32.ocx, applying two VB6 pathes, every launch of Psi2Win produces a BSD.

This NC10 runs on an Intel Atom N270 processor with an Intel CMA 945GSE Graphic card.

Do you have an idea what prevents Psi2Win to run and kills XP?
Best regards
  Luzius
Boris
Administrator

Re: Blue Screen on Samsung NC10
« Reply #1 on: Apr 1st, 2010, 4:43pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Oh my goodness! A BSOD !! Actually I haven't seen one for years...

Well, I am quite sure that it is not Ps2Win. And WinXP has proved to work with it too. I am not so sure about MSCOMM32.OCX (the serial device driver, which is a Microsoft product but is no longer supported).  
But most probably the troublemaker is the driver for the serial-to-USB adapter (don't tell me your netbook is actually having a serial port).  

There seem to be some hardware combinations that do not cooperate with psi2win, and others do.  

I have a special version of Psi2Win, which does not use MSComm32.ocx, but it is not really stable yet. I'll mail it to you if you like to test it, just contact me by email (address below).  

I may eventually rewrite psi2win in VB.net, but I promise nothing....

Triholerahduliäöhh gugguh !! (tyrolean joy jodler)
Rough translation: There's a new build of Psi2Win!!
Email: boris[at]psion2[dot]org
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

The Psion Organiser II Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.