The PSION Organiser II Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Why register?
   The Psion Organiser II Forum
   User Forum
   Help
(Moderator: Mikesan)
   can't get file xfer working either cl or psi2win
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: can't get file xfer working either cl or psi2win  (Read 45 times)
rkdavis

can't get file xfer working either cl or psi2win
« on: Aug 24th, 2019, 8:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I recently (2 days ago) managed to get a commslink. it's a 4.2 rom 25pin. I am using win10 & a usb to serial cable and although I can use terminal on the psion to talk to putty on the win10 machine perfectly but i can't transfer files no matter what I try even following the instructions . i've tried psi2win but it just sits there saying waiting for link and times out on the psion and basically the same thing using cl in dosbox. I was first using a usb to serial cable that used prolific chip but saw that might be problematic so swapped out to another that I don't think uses prolific (it's a dtech but can't find specs for it) and same thing, terminal is fine but file transfer just doesn't seem to want to work.

does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
rkdavis

Re: can't get file xfer working either cl or psi2w
« Reply #1 on: Aug 24th, 2019, 8:07pm »

on never mind worked it out. it was needing to set handshake on the psion to xon/xoff.

yes I am a complete pillock
MartinReid
Mega Power Member

psi2win
« Reply #2 on: Aug 27th, 2019, 11:24am »

Dear Russ

Good to hear you got it working...

If you use the print mode in Psi2Win Build 304 and a doPDF (type) printer it makes printing from the Organiser a doddle. I use it most days for my cutting lists.

Boris never quite got it finished; I have to wait for it to time out at the end of a print.

Sincerely and in good faith
Martin

PS I've seen your post... Is there a way to improve the LCD on the LZ64

It will be interesting to see if anything has moved on since 2010
http://forum.psion2.org/YaBB.pl?board=fm_help;action=display;num=1286376 574;start=2

If nothing has changed, I would be tempted to go for your option 3 (swapping). Here you kill two birds with one stone - Get better contrast and a metal case.

Again in good faith
Martin

Addendum

In relation to .. does anyone have a copy of snigfarp's barbarians

I don't use it myself but there is an account on twitter called PsiGamer, this looks like his 'space' - again the link to the - psigamer.cyningstan.org.uk - page is broken and the twitter account looks dormant but maybe one of his 'followers' might have a copy of the barbarians for you. There is a mention of it October 2015.

Also Copyright Damian Walker 2019 http://damian.cyningstan.org.uk/ on his links page shows he maintains the defunct http://psigamer.cyningstan.org.uk/ it might be worth emailing damian@cyningstan.org.uk
« Last Edit: Aug 27th, 2019, 1:18pm by MartinReid »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

The Psion Organiser II Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.