The PSION Organiser II Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Why register?
   The Psion Organiser II Forum
   User Forum
   Help
(Moderator: Mikesan)
   Sending text from pc to autoscribe
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Sending text from pc to autoscribe  (Read 50 times)
hiddenevil

Sending text from pc to autoscribe
« on: Nov 16th, 2018, 6:31pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Anyone know how I might get a text file on my pc to my  
 Psion II? Only I tried it earlier and got an error 154 in autoscribe and when I tried doing it through comm. Result was a server error.

From what I can tell it sent three first four lines and then cuts out.

jaap
Power Member

Re: Sending text from pc to autoscribe
« Reply #1 on: Nov 17th, 2018, 12:17pm »

Maybe the fourth line is too long. The lines are stored as data records, and each record can be at most 254 bytes/characters long.

Jaap Scherphuis
https://www.jaapsch.net/psion/
hiddenevil

« Reply #2 on: Nov 17th, 2018, 6:50pm »

So what your saying is I need to reformat the document to 60 character width?
Mikesan
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: Nov 18th, 2018, 10:30pm »

Psi2Win?

It does fine on XP - most of this stuff does.  I'll always recommend that people use an old machine - something from the trash is often best -  probably super-quick and big for Psion stuff, because it was developed in the 80s and 90s.

Boris wrote Psi2Win because CL.EXE causes a lot of problems now, but he's died and nobody has written another and Windows 7 was on/off about it - worked for some.

Make sure that you are using NotePad, TextPad or something that puts no formatting in, or you could end up with a hidden code throwing a spanner in the works and stopping communications.

Make sure that each block of text is separated by at CR & LF pair, thus causing a new line and one that it is no longer than 254 characters, or OPL's standard file commands won't work on it.

I always used Psion protocol for transferring files, I found it to be the most reliable, but it depends what you are trying to do.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

The Psion Organiser II Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.