The PSION Organiser II Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Why register?
   The Psion Organiser II Forum
   User Forum
   Help
(Moderator: Mikesan)
   Message for Jaap Scherphuis NSS43.opk in Jape
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Message for Jaap Scherphuis NSS43.opk in Jape  (Read 85 times)
MartinReid
Mega Power Member

Message for Jaap Scherphuis NSS43.opk in Jape
« on: Jul 13th, 2018, 2:19pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

FAO Jaap Scherphuis

Dear Jaap (and other interested parties)

I thought I might use Jape to take a look at;

National Survey Software LZ/LZ64 Neil Draycott Ver 4.3 256K - Software used for land surveying. It only fits on a 256K Flashpak.

From the Psion Organiser II Pack Images page.

The OPK downloaded ok. When inspected in the OPK file editor everything looks ok.  You can go through the motions of creating a pack and fitting it but it returns an error [No Pack] when you try to access it. I assume this is something to do with it needing a 256k Flash pack and 'create pack from image file' perhaps only creates a datapack!

Anyway if you have any thoughts on how I might get it working I may take another look!

Sincerely and in good faith
Martin Reid
jaap

Re: Message for Jaap Scherphuis NSS43.opk in Jape
« Reply #1 on: Jul 14th, 2018, 6:00pm »

Hi Martin,
It was a bug. When it created a flashpack object from the opk file it still put the flashpack driver on there, overwriting the actual contents. It should only do that when creating a blank flashpack.

I think I have fixed it now, so do try again.

Note that the NSS pack image does actually not contain a flash driver. They used a flash pack because it was the only kind of pack at that time that was large enough. The pack is read-only anyway, so the driver is not needed and would only take up space.

Jaap Scherphuis
https://www.jaapsch.net/psion/
MartinReid
Mega Power Member

Re: Message for Jaap Scherphuis NSS43.opk in Jape
« Reply #2 on: Jul 15th, 2018, 2:18pm »

Thanks Jaap

Working now.. you can insert 'Nss' in the Top Level Menu.

(1) Anybody got a user manual? (National Survey Software).. This might help figure out how to exit.

(2) Remember the post 'calling top level routines from OPL' They seem to have managed it. In their [Files] menu they have [Xfiles], [Utils] and [Notes]. With [Time] in the [Settings] menu.

(3) (Jaap) I know you have top slot devices as 7th and last on your Todo list; but is there any news on a Comms Link for Jape. There is an XYZ plot option, It would be great to see that via a Comms Link.

Still having fun.
Sincerely and in good faith
Martin

July 16th
Update..

I've had a message from Peter 'thesourcerer' who by the way has given up trying to log on after deleting his old email address and password by mistake.

He has a copy of the National Survey Software user manual. He says he has always intended to photocopy it for Jaap to post in the manuals section, but he recons it is a bit of a tome. He is kindly sending it for me to work with; I'll have a look at it when it comes.

Martin

30th July
Update

For those interested or watching Jaap has now published the National Survey Software  LZ Engineer operating manual on his PSION Software Pack Manuals page..

https://www.jaapsch.net/psion/mannss.htm

It has to be said Jaap - it is really well done!

Martin
« Last Edit: Jul 30th, 2018, 11:18am by MartinReid »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

The Psion Organiser II Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.