The PSION Organiser II Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Why register?
   The Psion Organiser II Forum
   User Forum
   Help
(Moderator: Mikesan)
   Psion Noticepak
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Psion Noticepak  (Read 1363 times)
Steve
Power Member

Psion Noticepak
« on: Jul 5th, 2014, 6:53pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I noticed on Ebay very recently that a seller was advertising an organiser along with a "noticepak", and another has appeared this last week. I asked the vendor what sort of pak this is but he doesn't know! Has anyone on here any knowledge of this pak please? Jaap would be interested too.

Thanks in anticipation,

Steve
Mikesan
Administrator

Re: Psion Noticepak
« Reply #1 on: Jul 7th, 2014, 3:58pm »

Well, I just looked on eBay and it had gone. No description of it.

But I thought, "What could it be? 'Notice'? Sounds ominous..."

So with my typically twisted and Dystopian view of the world, I imagined; 'The Boss From Hell' and a solution that he might employ to do his dirty work for him. I figured that might be what the program does?

Notispak:
REM Are you a boss?
REM Too easily upset by giving an unwanted employee the bad news?
REM Notispak lays it down for them, so you don't have to!
REM You leave the pack on their desk, with instructions to run it.
REM Leave the premises ASAP.
REM They put it in the Organiser II and run it, BINGO! They're fired!
PRINT "Please wait..."
PAUSE 100
AT 1,2
PRINT "Configuring..."
PAUSE 250 :REM Notice achingly long delay, while the poor employee waits with baited breath (and gives you a chance to run).
CLS
AT 1,1
PRINT "You're FIRED!";CHR$(16)
VIEW(2,"Now pack your things and leave.") :REM This is where 'pak' comes from.
CLS
PRINT "Have a nice day!"
GET

The poor employee now knows all is lost and must face the wife in abject terror of the upcoming revelation that he must deliver, but the boss has thoughtfully and considerately run for it and is now speeding down the M1 with his phone turned off, chuckling to himself. More than a few motorists are puzzled as to why the man in the Porsche is laughing aloud so heartily - there is nobody else in the car with him.

I've certainly known a few bosses that might well have employed some tactic like this ;-)
« Last Edit: Jul 7th, 2014, 4:00pm by Mikesan »
Steve
Power Member

« Reply #2 on: Jul 7th, 2014, 6:35pm »

Good job I read this for a second time! It looked so professional and I was just about to forward it to Jaap!

We both still want to know what a "noticepak"  is if anyone else can help
starhawk
Power Member

« Reply #3 on: Jul 7th, 2014, 10:16pm »

Found on eBay, two expired listings by seller "armandbin" matching Steve's description.

Messaged the seller, we'll see what comes of it.
Steve
Power Member

« Reply #4 on: Jul 8th, 2014, 1:10pm »

I did message the seller( see my first post above). He said he had no information and couldn't supply a photo. Hope you have more luck than me!
starhawk
Power Member

« Reply #5 on: Jul 8th, 2014, 5:12pm »

Same response.

Oh well...
Mikesan
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: Jan 29th, 2016, 9:59pm »

I'm pretty sure he was just referring to the Notepad that the LZ has - there doesn't seem to be anything, anywhere .
jaap scherphuis

Email

« Reply #7 on: Feb 3rd, 2016, 12:08am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I have bought lots of Organisers over the years and often they come with packs. I therefore have many pack image files containing custom software that I haven't ever seen or heard about elsewhere.
One such is CLIPBOARD by MAHMOOD Systems which was used for surveys. This program came with a second pack containing the survey data, and if that second pack was missing it would pop up the error message "Noticepak not fitted". The one I have contains data for an HMO survey (Housing in Multiple Occupation) so consists of lots of questions about number of floors/rooms/occupants, number of shared or exclusive bathrooms/WCs/WHBs (wash-hand basins) etc.
Mikesan
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: Feb 21st, 2016, 12:51pm »

This seems to be about the most likely explanation, with the explicit 'Noticepak' reference Jaap.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

The Psion Organiser II Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.