The PSION Organiser II Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Why register?
   The Psion Organiser II Forum
   User Forum
   Help
(Moderator: Mikesan)
   We Need Someone with Perl Skills
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: We Need Someone with Perl Skills  (Read 969 times)
Mikesan
Administrator

We Need Someone with Perl Skills
« on: Jun 23rd, 2014, 8:05pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Nobody can sign up.

The forum hangs by a thread.  If anything else breaks, like last year, it will go offline.  I dare not touch any admin functions at all - even accessing some of them can break it.

We need a Perl programmer who can fix it.

Any offers?
starhawk
Power Member

Re: We Need Someone with Perl Skills
« Reply #1 on: Jun 24th, 2014, 8:35pm »

Mike, how feasible would it be to make the forum read-only, and create a new forum with a link to the old?

Realistically speaking, I'm the only member AFAIK who appears here more than once a week. While the forum does appear on Google, and fairly high-up at that, we don't exactly seem to be attracting a crowd.

Best I can propose, if the forum can't be rebuilt as above, is putting an ad up somewhere more prominent and hoping you can throw a little money at someone so that they will care enough to help.
logicaid
Power Member

« Reply #2 on: Jun 25th, 2014, 7:49am »

Probably been suggested before, but what about using an existing forum host such as Yahoo, and leaving this here for reference for as long as it keeps working. There would at least then be a point of contact if this falls over completely.
Mikesan
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: Jul 5th, 2014, 3:03pm »

Yes, I think the suggestion that we need a backup point of contact is a good one. As I posted elsewhere, I was going to transfer all the posts from this one into phpBB, but I think that will be a task and a half.

As I do have the OldPsion.com domain, I think we'll re-purpose that. I'll put phpBB on there and set it up, but it is once I get a basketful of those 'round tuits' that I'm always running out of.  Unless the hosting company totally screws up, I'll keep the forum here alongside it.

In case it did go down unxpectedly, I would, of course, enable that site pretty quickly.
« Last Edit: Jul 5th, 2014, 3:04pm by Mikesan »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

The Psion Organiser II Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.