The PSION Organiser II Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Why register?
   The Psion Organiser II Forum
   User Forum
   Help
(Moderator: Mikesan)
   LZ 64 Out of memory
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: LZ 64 Out of memory  (Read 1320 times)
Rui Pires

Email

LZ 64 Out of memory
« on: May 6th, 2014, 9:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Good day,

I have used a psion LZ 64 for many years without much trouble excepting the odd case with "TRAP" when I removed the battery and packs, and after replacing them after a few minutes all was well and fuctional.

Now I have the situation with the message "ERROR OUT OF MEMORY---------press SPACE key" and no matter what I do I can´t get to load the the software in the data pack (top pack slot) nor the comms link when inserted to the upper slot of the psion.

Please help, what I am doing wrong?

Rui
Mikesan
Administrator

Re: LZ 64 Out of memory
« Reply #1 on: May 12th, 2014, 12:27pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Firstly, let's hope you backed up the data...

Next, you should take out the battery and wait a couple of minutes. Remove any packs, or devices like Comms Link, Barcode Reader etc.

After a couple of minutes replace the battery. If it still gives the error, it is likely to be a hardware fault and you'll have to take it apart to find out what is wrong - if you know enough about electronics.  

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but these machines are old now and quite often components like capacitors fail. Sometimes, it can be something like a connection broken. Have you ever opened the case? Dropped it? Got it wet? Could something have got into the case and shorted somewhere - it could be tiny...

You keep mentioning the top slot, so perhaps the connector on that has failed in some way?  You will need to investigate, but as I have said, start by seeing if the machine boots on its own, then try one datapak, then another, etc until you track it down.
« Last Edit: May 12th, 2014, 12:30pm by Mikesan »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

The Psion Organiser II Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.