The PSION Organiser II Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Why register?
   The Psion Organiser II Forum
   User Forum
   Help
(Moderator: Mikesan)
   Flashpack Help
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Flashpack Help  (Read 793 times)
Thomas_K

Email

Flashpack Help
« on: Oct 31st, 2013, 7:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi all!

Having tinkered with the old Psions for a while now (I seem to be working backwards, having started at the S7 end!) I've run into a problem that hopefully someone can help with...

Today I got my first flashpack - which would be great except it doesn't seem to have the flashpack driver on it so there is no way for me to actually use the thing!

On the plus side, I do have a comms link and managed to scrape together a working set of rather outdated utils (old versions of BLDPACK and MAKE etc).

Extensive searching online (and even back into the wayback machine just in case) didn't give any results for the flashpack driver, and from what I've gathered it looks like I need to find somewhere:

* A copy of the flashpack driver or a pack image containing it

If anyone has one and could possibly upload it somewhere or email it to me ( tommyk87@virginmedia.com ), that would be perfect.

Additionally, if anyone has an up to date (more so than version 2.0) dev tools package (or even just MAKE.EXE) that would also make life a *lot* easier - but if not I think I can get round it by writing the driver/image to a datapack and using that to load the driver and format the flash?

Sora
Administrator

Re: Flashpack Help
« Reply #1 on: Nov 1st, 2013, 11:59am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

As it so happens, I have a copy of the flashpack driver in my psion folder. I've uploaded it to dropbox for you to download.

Hopefully it will help you, it contains an image of the flash formatter pack, make.exe and the flash driver v1.8 and v1.9.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3okml47l77ufalc/flashdriver.zip

Psiora - Psion II Emulator by Scott Richards
New download coming soon...
Thomas_K

Email

Re: Flashpack Help
« Reply #2 on: Nov 1st, 2013, 1:54pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Thanks Sora, you're a star!

Although for some reason the included MAKE v3.00 kept giving me an "Unknown Error: 2" when attempting to write the image, my old v2.2 version of MAKE wrote it to a rampack without issue and the flashpack is formatting as I type!  
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

The Psion Organiser II Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.