The PSION Organiser II Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Why register?
   The Psion Organiser II Forum
   User Forum
   Help
(Moderator: Mikesan)
   TRAP??
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: TRAP??  (Read 886 times)
Steve

TRAP??
« on: Aug 19th, 2013, 12:05pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

There is a small program available which dumps the RAM in A: to a 32k RAMPack in B: thus usually saving much work and frustration. Now my dilemma is that I have a 256k RAM pack in my B: slot so the question is does this routine work with such a pack?

Thanks in advance for your answers!  

Steve
Steve

Re: TRAP??
« Reply #1 on: Aug 22nd, 2013, 6:31pm »

The name of the program I'm thinking of is DBPAK, which was written originally by Russ Beinder.
starhawk
Power Member

« Reply #2 on: Aug 22nd, 2013, 9:23pm »

Have patience, Steve, someone will help you eventually...

I would help if I could alas, I'm quite the newcomer n00b type at this point, so I'm not much use.
Sora
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: Aug 24th, 2013, 5:26pm »

I havn't actually tried this.
But the description for the debug pak can be found here
http://archive.psion2.org/org2/techref/packs.htm#dbgpack

Its specifically says that only the Pack ID and Checksum are changed, which would suggest to me that any size pak may be used with it.
However I expect only the first 32KB of the pak will be used, the rest will remain blank as the OS doesn't backup paged memory areas.

Psiora - Psion II Emulator by Scott Richards
New download coming soon...
Sora
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: Aug 24th, 2013, 5:37pm »

I just had a look through the program code,
and it will change your 256KB pak so that the Psion thinks it is a 32KB pak instead. This may cause problems because 256KB paks are accessed differently to a 32KB pak. However I don't see any harm in trying it. The worst that will happen is the data copied to the pak will be incomplete, and the pak will require formatting to return it to normal.

I can change the code in the program to setup a 256KB debug pak, but I can't not guarentee success.

Psiora - Psion II Emulator by Scott Richards
New download coming soon...
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

The Psion Organiser II Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.