The PSION Organiser II Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Why register?
   The Psion Organiser II Forum
   User Forum
   Help
(Moderator: Mikesan)
   Windows 8
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Windows 8  (Read 1076 times)
Raymond

Windows 8
« on: Jan 17th, 2013, 8:52am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have just installed Windows 8 on my system, now unable to connect with Psi2Win to the PC, anyone got the same problem. I have tried link to Comm Port 1 and USB adaptor to Comm Port 2,3 and 4. Any advise will be much Appreciated. Thank You. Raymond
« Last Edit: Jan 17th, 2013, 8:52am by Raymond »
Mikesan
Administrator

Re: Windows 8
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19th, 2013, 12:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I think this is going to become a problem in future, as obviously, all development of the software has stopped.

I won't know any more until much later in the year.

If anyone has coding experience that might be up to the task, please register your interest by posting on this thread.

This issue is becoming more and more common as we move forward - not just in the case of this software, but for many other forms of what is regarded by the world at large as 'abandonware'.

I get around the problem by using an old PC and running whatever OS (DOS, Win 3.1, Win 95, '98, XP etc) I need on it, then transferring the data out by some other means.

Sorry I can't be of more help right now.
Raymond Buttery

Email

Re: Windows 8
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19th, 2013, 7:36pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Thank you for the info, I have an old laptop with windows XP, I will use that for a while. Problem is it has no serial port so I will have to get an adaptor. Raymond,

So sorry to hear about Boris, he was one of the best and I am sure a lot of people are going to miss him.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

The Psion Organiser II Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.