The PSION Organiser II Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Why register?
   The Psion Organiser II Forum
   User Forum
   Help
(Moderator: Mikesan)
   CL.EXE An XP and syntax errors with OPLs
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: CL.EXE An XP and syntax errors with OPLs  (Read 746 times)
wgoodf

CL.EXE An XP and syntax errors with OPLs
« on: Oct 22nd, 2012, 9:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Howdy!
New guy here.

Ok I don't have kit to run Psi2Win, so my current set up is an old Amstard PPC 640 portable running DOS 3.3 and of course CL.exe

Now then, two files, Racer and Bomber, both I believe are suitable for the XP, I send them across from the 640 to the XP using procedure. The file gets there, but when I try and translate it, it throws up a syntax error, both times seemingly at the first UDG statement.

Now I am of course using a flaky method of pushing the files, but that aside, is there any obvious error I am making, apart fom using DOS 3.3!
?

Another thing, perhaps connected, is that I cant seem to transfer direct to the A: of the psion, so I have to transfer direct to an EPROM - very slow- but the file does arrive, unlike with A: where it receives but the file seems to disappear afterwards.

Anyway tho, DOS, CL and syntax errors, anything obvious?

Mucho in advance.

Cheers
Mikesan
Administrator

Re: CL.EXE An XP and syntax errors with OPLs
« Reply #1 on: Oct 24th, 2012, 9:04pm »

Hi,

"UDG" is not part of OPL on the XP - you'll have to write a procedure called UDG and make it define the characters on the LCD.

If you click on the logo of this forum, you'll find a link (click on the red text that says "read the original site contents here.") there to the old Org II site which contains all the info you need.

Amstrads work great with the Organiser, that's what I wrote most of my stuff on!
wgoodf

Re: CL.EXE An XP and syntax errors with OPLs
« Reply #2 on: Oct 24th, 2012, 10:02pm »

I suspected that UDGs were more of an LZ thing when I was looking around. Downloading text type things for the CM and the XP have worked well, I dolike snake!
Or rather worm2.

Cheers
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

The Psion Organiser II Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.