The PSION Organiser II Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Why register?
   The Psion Organiser II Forum
   User Forum
   Help
(Moderator: Mikesan)
   commslink
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: commslink  (Read 576 times)
rkdavis

commslink
« on: Oct 7th, 2010, 7:35pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

The top slot adapter that i got with my lz64 (the rochester instrument systems psion) looks like it is actually a 4line commslink. it has a "weird" 3 pin connector one it (i thought it was 4 but a closer look shows it's 3) -- i presume rx,tx and gnd. and pressing on twice after inserting it gives a menu item comms. the top slot adapter also has a red led on it and what looks to be a power socket too.

the menu looks pretty self expalinitary although it has an entry boot in it -- any idea what that does (or is it in the normal comms link s/w?)

[update] i see the boot entry is in the commslink s/w after all

the adapter has a sticky label on it sc-7411  

anyone know anything more about this adapter?

also if this is just a comms link with a special header on it then that means the program pack will work on any lz/lz64 org2 (it's 4 line s/w by the looks of it) should i try to make a copy of the pack for anyone and the manual?

Russ
« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2010, 7:54pm by rkdavis »
Boris
Administrator

Re: commslink
« Reply #1 on: Oct 7th, 2010, 10:47pm »

The top slot adapter that i got with my lz64 (the rochester instrument systems psion) looks like it is actually a 4line commslink. it has a "weird" 3 pin connector one it (i thought it was 4 but a closer look shows it's 3) -- i presume rx,tx and gnd. and pressing on twice after inserting it gives a menu item comms. the top slot adapter also has a red led on it and what looks to be a power socket too.

Looks pretty much like a standard CommsLink with a non-standard cable.

The standard commslink has 7 lines but you will not need the missing handshake lines if you want to use Psi2Win. However you will need a standard DIL9 serial plug. The topslot info pages will help you to find out which line is which.

also if this is just a comms link with a special header on it then that means the program pack will work on any lz/lz64 org2 (it's 4 line s/w by the looks of it)

Rule of thumb:  
  • Any kind of pack works on all LZs.  
  • Some 4-line packs also run on CM/XPs (if the programmer was witty enough to support both models).  
  • All CommsLinks work on all models.
  • Dedicated 2-line packs/CommsLinks only use 2 lines on 4-line machines.
  • « Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2010, 10:49pm by Boris »

Triholerahduliäöhh gugguh !! (tyrolean joy jodler)
    Rough translation: There's a new build of Psi2Win!!
    Email: boris[at]psion2[dot]org
    rkdavis

Re: commslink
    « Reply #2 on: Oct 7th, 2010, 11:05pm »

i opened up the bit that connects to the top slot and it looks like all the wires are there it's just terminated in a non-standard connector. when i decide i have the bottle i'll slice off the conenctor and see about putting a db9 on the end. until then i'll borrow some solderless breadboard from a friend and use that for the connection to the pc.

Russ
    Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

The Psion Organiser II Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
    YaBB © 2000-2002,
    Xnull. All Rights Reserved.