LINKS - where are they on System Board?
« on: Apr 18th, 2003, 7:35pm »
a little problem....
1. Read the excellent docs/manual for the PSION II
2. I like the PSION II (great for RS232C hacking, I/O and the like)
3. Now have just got hold of some young/unsullied 16 X CM models (for not a lot of money)
4. Would like/shall convert these babies up to XP:
- have an XP...
- already brain dumped the EPROM of XP (oh
yessssshad to desolder the XP brain/nail it
onto a DIL socket and interrogate it with an
EPROM programmer set at KILL level)
- bang XP brain dump into 27C256 and up [or is it down?] graded a POS system (after ripping
out nervous system of POS and slapping said
27C256 onto the still bleeding POS ROM site)
Heh! heh! have steady soldering hand )
BUT WHERE OH WHERE ARE THE "LINKS" that are referred to in the System Board documentation?
1. Know most the chips' functions
2. Are the "links" physically near the NEC device on system board?
Any help appreciated otherwise the CM babies will be releasing "free electrons" real soon ).