The PSION Organiser II Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Why register?
   The Psion Organiser II Forum
   User Forum
   Help
(Moderator: Mikesan)
   RAMpack battery
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: RAMpack battery  (Read 558 times)
Zac Schroff
Power Member

RAMpack battery
« on: Jan 31st, 2003, 9:31pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have had a few LZ64s for some time now, with 32KB and 256KB RAM packs, and have never actually had a RAMpack battery go bad.  I always keep them mounted in an XP or LZ with a good 9V battery, so I wonder, to those more familiar with the hardware, whether the RAMpack actually draws from the same power rail as the onboard SRAM when mounted in the machine?  This might be a good way to preserve them, if it is the case...

Tact is for those who are not witty enough to be sarcastic.
POISN

Re: RAMpack battery
« Reply #1 on: Feb 6th, 2003, 5:20am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

The RAMpak does indeed get its power from the same power rail as the internal RAM of the Organiser. It does not draw power from its own battery while it's plugged into a powered (either on or off) Organiser. I have a RAMpak from which the battery has been removed. (The battery was dead, I tried to replace it, but failed.) It retains data as long as it is not removed from the Organiser. Thus, the batteries of RAMpaks will last much longer when the paks are kept in powered Organisers.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

The Psion Organiser II Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.