The PSION Organiser II Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Why register?
   The Psion Organiser II Forum
   User Forum
   General
(Moderator: Mikesan)
   Hey, here's an idea...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hey, here's an idea...  (Read 26 times)
starhawk
Power Member

Hey, here's an idea...
« on: Dec 7th, 2018, 4:51am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I read in another thread that the USB CommsLink works in Win7 sndf Win10. I don't have it -- but I have a DB25M-connection CommsLink and a Cables2Go USB<->RS-232 adapter cable (I think I know where the driver CD for that adapter cable is, lol...). I also have a 25<->9pin serial adapter cable.

EDIT FOR CLARITY: Where I'm going with that first paragraph is that I also have a Win7 netbook and a Win10 laptop, so if I need to, I can use one of those with Boris' nifty application to communicate with my Org2. I'd *strongly prefer* to do things in Linux, but I am not really restricted to that by anything other than said preference.
/EDIT

It would be super cool to me if I could use my XP/LA Org2 and CommsLink to drive my IBM 4610-TM6 receipt printer (from eBay) -- the printer has RS-232 and RS-488 interfaces but not USB, which is fine here -- to make up a shopping list.

I regularly buy certain items, so being able to use one or two key 'shortcuts' (like speed dial on an old telephone) would be handy as well... as would be the ability for the Org2 to detect the day of the month (doesn't it have a Y2K-compatible real-time clock in it somewhere? I honestly don't remember) and automatically print at the top of the list a reminder to get the money order I need to pay my apartment rent! (I moved out of my mother's house, finally.)

If there's not an existing utility that can do something vaguely like that and can be adapted, I don't mind posting a small bounty (USD20 or so) but I won't be able to pay up until January...

Direct Link to PDF of IBM 4610-Series Printer Manual (which gives hex/ASCII control codes and other useful info) -- http://www.datamaxsys.com/manuals/printer/ibm/4610/4610_userguide.pdf

(If that link breaks, I have a saved copy I can upload somewhere.)
« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2018, 4:54am by starhawk »
thesourcerer
Mega Power Member

Email

Re: Hey, here's an idea...
« Reply #1 on: Dec 7th, 2018, 7:43am »

For the Y2K fix you can use Jaaps Y2000fix (on his site). In order to use two keystroke macros you need FnKEY (also on the site). I can supply them on a datapack for 15$ including postage to USA.
The internal calendar can be used for dates, alarms etc.
starhawk
Power Member

« Reply #2 on: Dec 7th, 2018, 3:25pm »

Thank you, Sir Sourcerer...!

What I meant with two-key 'shortcuts' was more like entering LT and having it know I mean LETTUCE and printing that on the relevant line.
« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2018, 3:26pm by starhawk »
MartinReid
Mega Power Member

« Reply #3 on: Dec 7th, 2018, 7:12pm »

Dear Starhawk

Check out this thread in the user post.

http://forum.psion2.org/YaBB.pl?board=UserPost;action=display;num=154420 9820;start=0

Martin
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

The Psion Organiser II Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.