The PSION Organiser II Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Why register?
   The Psion Organiser II Forum
   User Forum
   General
(Moderator: Mikesan)
   Database or List maker
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Database or List maker  (Read 42 times)
hiddenevil

Database or List maker
« on: Dec 7th, 2018, 12:00am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have a job for my Psion 2 but I'm struggling to find an appropriate program.

I want to sift through the various games for my consoles, computers but organise them using such things as Platform, Media, Title.

I did think about writing a program in OPL, but that would require I learning to program :-P
thesourcerer
Mega Power Member

Email

Re: Database or List maker
« Reply #1 on: Dec 7th, 2018, 2:05am »

Have a look at Widget Filemaster v4.5, and/or Harvester Data Organiser (one of the programs on the Harvester Superchip). Manuals for both are on Jaaps site.
MartinReid
Mega Power Member

« Reply #2 on: Dec 7th, 2018, 7:23pm »

Both of those suggested by thesourcerer are available for 'Selecting an existing pack and inserting it into the Psion.' in Jape.

Try before you buy!
Mikesan
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: Dec 9th, 2018, 9:53am »

I still have 'The Data Organiser' and if you can't write a program yourself, then it is pretty good.

In fact, it is how I learned to program! I'd bought this, used it, seen the way it worked and tried to do the same, or better. I remember things like discovering how to do a 1-line menu (Organiser II CM/XP) and saving data when the program closes so that it starts up with default values - stuff like that.

I'd recommend it, based on usability. It's not as streamlined as your own solution would be, but it is lot quicker!
« Last Edit: Dec 9th, 2018, 9:54am by Mikesan »
hiddenevil

« Reply #4 on: Dec 9th, 2018, 1:46pm »

Thanks guys, I'll look in to all of these.  

Learning to program will be a later project, while making this list is something I'd like to get on soon.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

The Psion Organiser II Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.