The PSION Organiser II Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Why register?
   The Psion Organiser II Forum
   User Forum
   General
(Moderator: Mikesan)
   OPL development
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: OPL development  (Read 853 times)
nicolas

Email

OPL development
« on: Mar 3rd, 2004, 2:35pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

-- URGENT--
Hello,
I'm looking for somebody who could develop an opl software for a psion organizer II able to:  
- Allow the input and saving of zip codes
- Pass on this information either towards a ftp site via a modem, or if it is not possible towards a pc via commslink cable.
Payment according to the time past.
Thank you.
Mikesan
Administrator

Re: OPL development
« Reply #1 on: Mar 3rd, 2004, 5:29pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi,

My ADDTEL XP program in the User Posts section of this forum might be what you are looking for.  It takes names and addresses and has a PostCode field, plus it has software that controls the Comms Link to transfer the file  directly to a PC that runs the Psion CL.EXE comms server, but many times better than that, Boris Cornet's Psi2Win software, also on this forum!

If the fields in ADDTEL aren't quite what you want, you can either change them yourself (I put loads of REMarks in - so pretty easy), or talk to me about it (mike@REMOVETHISTEXTblatantstupidity.com).

All the tools you need to translate your modified program are on the Organiser II homepage that Boris has provided (click the big logo here, then click on the remark about it, or even more simply, visit www.org2.us)!

Youl'll need at least an Organiser II XP, a Comms Link and a min 16k Datapak, or Rampak.

Mike
nicolas

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 4th, 2004, 9:31am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

OK thank you for your answer. I go to test it immediatly !
Do you know if it is possible to transfer data from an organizer II to a FTP site without passing by a pc, only with a modem?
Thank a lot.
Boris
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: Mar 4th, 2004, 11:21am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Mar 4th, 2004, 9:31am, nicolas wrote:
Do you know if it is possible to transfer data from an organizer II to a FTP site without passing by a pc, only with a modem?
Thank a lot.

Unless you write a TCP/IP stack for the organiser, it is impossible to use the internet!
However, you may send data to a remote pc via a private dial-in connection.
See also How do I connect the organiser to a modem?

Triholerahduliäöhh gugguh !! (tyrolean joy jodler)
Rough translation: There's a new build of Psi2Win!!
Email: boris[at]psion2[dot]org
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

The Psion Organiser II Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.