The PSION Organiser II Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Why register?
   The Psion Organiser II Forum
   User Forum
   General
(Moderator: Mikesan)
   Psion CM
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Psion CM  (Read 527 times)
cliff

Psion CM
« on: Jan 30th, 2004, 5:58pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi  
I must say this is a very comprehensive and informative site "long may it reign
I am having trouble getting the ding back in my alarm
it used to make a ding sound but all i get out of it now is a beeb on the diary alarm, and a siren on the ordenary alarm.It was allright back in 95 do you think it has anything to do with the 2000 bug.I dont see how it could, but have you any idea's
Regards
Cliff Lewis
Boris
Administrator

Re: Psion CM
« Reply #1 on: Feb 2nd, 2004, 11:37pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi  
I am having trouble getting the ding back in my alarm
it used to make a ding sound but all i get out of it now is a beeb on the diary alarm, and a siren on the ordenary alarm.
do you think it has anything to do with the 2000 bug?

The y2k-bug? I couldn't think of a way how.
However there is a tiny chance, that the y2k bugFIX (Jaaps patch) has got something to do with it, but I doubt it.

The sounds you receive are the default ones, neither CM nor XP have other builtin alarm sounds.
Probably you have been using a patch program to install custom sounds.  

Well, this is very interesting.  Please try to find the program that installed these sounds!!! Use PROG-DIR to list the files of your datapacks. If you spot a file like SNDINST or SOUNDS or so, try it. On the other hand, it may well be device code, i.e. the program gets loaded automatically if you insert the pack it's on and press ON in the main menu (in this case it will not be listed with DIR).

If you manage to get custom sounds on your CM again, please let us know. Or even better: post the file to the forums user post!

In case of device code, you will need UNMAKE to get a pack image.  
I would love to extract and disassemble the code.

Triholerahduliäöhh gugguh !! (tyrolean joy jodler)
Rough translation: There's a new build of Psi2Win!!
Email: boris[at]psion2[dot]org
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

The Psion Organiser II Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.