The PSION Organiser II Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Why register?
   The Psion Organiser II Forum
   User Forum
   General
(Moderator: Mikesan)
   home-made 1Mbit EPROM Datapack
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: home-made 1Mbit EPROM Datapack  (Read 789 times)
mikenelis

home-made 1Mbit EPROM Datapack
« on: Feb 22nd, 2003, 3:26pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I was looking through www.ebay.co.uk and found auction for a psion 2 with lots of xtras and was noticed
"home-made 1Mbit EPROM Datapack" was one of the xtras and was wondering if it was possible to make data packs.

Will_Green

WWW Email

Re: home-made 1Mbit EPROM Datapack
« Reply #1 on: Oct 22nd, 2003, 5:35pm »

Hiya Mike,

If you check out the Datapacker link on the home page it shows you a very odd device.

This uses standard EPROM chips that plug into a reader device that connects to a modified Datapak, allowing the Org II to read these standard off the shelf EPROM chips.

However I do thing the EPROM chips were limited to 16kb at the time, could it be possible that you can now get a 1MB chip?

Cheers,

Will.

Will Green.
Psion Computer Journal Editor.
will@psioncomputer.com
Sailor

Email

Re: home-made 1Mbit EPROM Datapack
« Reply #2 on: Oct 25th, 2003, 10:16am »

Hi, I have the same gear mentioned, it was made by Jaro Computers of Brighton, have had it about 8 years.  I bought the eproms at the same time and they weok well.  Size I have not looked at, can come back to you with details.  I might have a look through the Maplin cat to see if they have 1mbit.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

The Psion Organiser II Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.