The PSION Organiser II Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Why register?
   The Psion Organiser II Forum
   User Forum
   General
(Moderator: Mikesan)
   So you found it...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: So you found it...  (Read 1020 times)
Boris
Administrator

So you found it...
« on: Oct 15th, 2002, 11:54am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello and welcome to  
The Psion Organiser II Forum.

It depends on you!
  • If you got something interesting to tell, go ahead, you're already on the right board: Click on 'General' just above this post's title to get back to the thread list and click on 'Start a new thread'....
  • If you want to give way to your joy about this truely amazing forum , just hit 'Reply' above...
  • Maybe you have written some software you would like to share: The board User Post allows members to upload files.

BTW. If you havn't already, this might a good moment for registering.
Although guests may post to the boards freely, many advanced features are for members only.
« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2003, 8:03pm by Boris »

Triholerahduliäöhh gugguh !! (tyrolean joy jodler)
Rough translation: There's a new build of Psi2Win!!
Email: boris[at]psion2[dot]org
cpu

Re: So you found it...
« Reply #1 on: Oct 16th, 2002, 6:49am »

Boris,

Thanks so much for keeping the Orgi II alive on the internet and serving the community so well!!!!

Helmut
Chris Jelley

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 16th, 2002, 9:48am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

As a newcomer to the world of the Psion II am I very grateful to Boris for this wonderful resource. I hope to be able to contribute to its success.
thesourcerer
Mega Power Member

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 16th, 2002, 10:17am »

Brilliant! Many thanks Boris for all your hard work. I am sure it will be very successful.
Supergeek

« Reply #4 on: Oct 16th, 2002, 11:57am »

Thank you Boris! You have done an excellent job. I hope it has not caused you too much stress getting it going. I hope it brings you as much enjoyment as it does to the users. Thanks again.
gregpaul

« Reply #5 on: Oct 16th, 2002, 2:05pm »

Boris,

As a long-term fan of the Organiser II, I am proud to see such a great site devoted to it! Well done!

Greg
apaddon

« Reply #6 on: Oct 16th, 2002, 3:31pm »

How wonderful. How marvellous.
Fantastic!
Congrats Boris
MAS

« Reply #7 on: Oct 16th, 2002, 7:33pm »

Thank you again for keeping interest alive for the Psion II.  Now I have other people I can talk to about it.
dtech10

Email

« Reply #8 on: Oct 17th, 2002, 1:22am »

Thank Boris
       I've really missed not having a forum. Great work.  
         Thanks DTech10
essmeister

« Reply #9 on: Oct 22nd, 2002, 9:55am »

Hi!  We were given 4 boxes of "IT junk" to dispose of, and a the bottom of one box was an LZ with a Comms Link and a mains adaptor port.  The LZ has only a 256K flashpack in its ports.  Amazingly, it works!  Thanks to your website and forum I'm picking up manuals and software so I can try and use the Psion.

Funny this, because years ago I had a Sinclair Spectrum with software from Psion...

essmeister/s-meister
I Know enough to know I don't know enough...
Mikesan
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: Mar 7th, 2003, 8:18pm »

Excellent forum Boris, congratulations!  It's really good to know there are others out there who really enjoy the Organiser II's unique and approachable approach to computing.  Once again, thanks for this great resource!
John Haug

Email

« Reply #11 on: May 9th, 2003, 9:53am »

Nicely done.
New life to my OrgII XP.
I have been using it for many years, but were thinking of pentioning it off, but not now......
Thank you for keeping a very nice computer alive.
John E.
PS am a member and thank you for sending me updates on e-mail.
DS
gramps

« Reply #12 on: Aug 30th, 2003, 6:55pm »

Happy to find a Psion page again,still have and use an LZ despite threats to send it to Oxfam!

Robert
Sailor

Email

« Reply #13 on: Oct 24th, 2003, 11:20pm »

Great site for a good piece of kit, well done!!
John Gardner

Email

« Reply #14 on: Nov 19th, 2003, 4:57pm »

Still using my Psion at work.  Just today have been asked to use it for an equipment audit, as it can read the bar codes straight into a spread sheet.  Why spend hundreds for new toys when this does all I want.
specialfixer

Email

« Reply #15 on: Nov 20th, 2003, 2:09am »

A friend of mine gave me on of these things to try out.  I would like to use it to download data from a temperature logging device that's equipped with a serial port.  The temp logger records data over a period of time which then gets downloaded onto a PC for storage and monitoring.  Now, I'm about computer savvy as a crowbar, so can anyone tell me what I need to do?  How can I get the two devices to talk to each other?  Software?  Programming?  I have NO info on the Psion, so I'm jammed up?  Can anyone help me out?  Thanks in advance!
John_Gardner

Email

« Reply #16 on: Nov 20th, 2003, 2:54pm »

A Sugestion.  How about removing the page that says the site is closed, and just letting people go straight to the main site.  If you never got arround to updating it, it wold not matter.  You have done a great service to those of us who will never get rid of our organisers.  We can come here and get stuff when ever we need.  It is also one in the eye for Psion, who never sold these things in the right way.  They advertised them as a management toy.  People bought them and spent hours putting their telephone data in, and at the first battery change, lost it all.  Then they put them in their drawers, and never used them again.  Those of us who got into programming them soon discovered that there was virtually nothing they could not do.  Also, the fact that some of us have been using them daily for decades, shows how robust they are.  It was after the Organiser II that things started to go down for Psion.
Boris
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: Jan 27th, 2004, 2:21am »

A Sugestion.  How about removing the page that says the site is closed, and just letting people go straight to the main site.

Promoted to new topic: Homepage Update ??

It was after the Organiser II that things started to go down for Psion.

Right, but you must admit that the 3 (I still use mine occasionally on train rides to take notes) and upward had potential. Apparently quite opposed to the Psion sales department  
At least one could type instead of scribble!

But talking of robustness, I think the Organiser II has the unchallenged top rank now and - judging the current NASA mission - probably forever!

Triholerahduliäöhh gugguh !! (tyrolean joy jodler)
Rough translation: There's a new build of Psi2Win!!
Email: boris[at]psion2[dot]org
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

The Psion Organiser II Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.