The PSION Organiser II Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Why register?
   The Psion Organiser II Forum
   Frequently Asked Questions
   FAQ - General

ODB and OpenOffice
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: ODB and OpenOffice  (Read 1454 times)
John Gardner

ODB and OpenOffice
« on: Aug 21st, 2009, 1:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have wasted an hour this morning trying to get OpenOffice to open a Psion ODB file.  Would it open it in spreadsheet, it would not.  It always went to OpenOffice Database.  I tried opening the spreadsheet program first and then saying "open this file here" and it still went to Database.

While getting my login sorted, I discovered the reason and the way round it.  The ODB file extension is also being used by the OpenOffice suite.  By changing the file name to filename.csv first, I was able to open it as a spreadsheet.
Boris
Administrator

Re: ODB and OpenOffice
« Reply #1 on: Aug 21st, 2009, 1:49pm »

Nice hint!

Actually ODB files are tab-delimited, not CSV (character separated). However OpenOffice seems to be smart enough to detect the file format (MS Office fails here).
« Last Edit: Aug 5th, 2010, 11:52pm by Boris »

Triholerahduliäöhh gugguh !! (tyrolean joy jodler)
Rough translation: There's a new build of Psi2Win!!
Email: boris[at]psion2[dot]org
John Gardner

Re: ODB and OpenOffice
« Reply #2 on: Aug 21st, 2009, 1:54pm »

I forgot to mention that I had converted the tab to a comma as the file was sent over to the pc.  This may account for the csv extension working
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

The Psion Organiser II Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.