The PSION Organiser II Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Why register?
   The Psion Organiser II Forum
   Frequently Asked Questions
   FAQ - General

My organiser just says 'TRAP'. What can I do?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: My organiser just says 'TRAP'. What can I do?  (Read 1879 times)
theBot
Administrator

My organiser just says 'TRAP'. What can I do?
« on: Jan 1st, 2001, 12:00pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

My organiser just says 'TRAP' and some letters and numbers. What can I do?
This is a TRAP error. This occurs when the processor encountered an illegal machine code instruction, in other words, the machine has crashed. This often happens when developing a machine code program, but it occurs in other situations as well. For example one cause is excessive static electricity.  

The only way to return the organiser back to normal is by performing a cold boot: i.e. remove the battery, all peripherals and packs, press the ON key to get rid of all remaining electric charge in the machine, and then replace the battery again. You will of course loose all information in pack A: (time, diary, and alarm settings, and any files or programs in pack A:).  
There is a slight chance to avoid data loss: before doing the cold boot, turn the organiser on, and remove the battery for a very, very short time. If you are lucky, the organiser will recover without losing data, but don't count on that!

Thankfully the TRAP error is not very common when using the organiser normally.
« Last Edit: Sep 13th, 2005, 2:40am by Boris »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

The Psion Organiser II Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.