The PSION Organiser II Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Why register?
   The Psion Organiser II Forum
   Frequently Asked Questions
   FAQ - General

Why does my organiser click every so often?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Why does my organiser click every so often?  (Read 1499 times)
theBot
Administrator

« on: Jan 1st, 2001, 12:00pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

The organiser must keep track of the time even when switched off. The hardware is such that it can only be off for 34 minutes (actually 2048 seconds) before it needs to switch on again to update the internal clock. So every 34 minutes it switches on, does the timekeeping, and immediately switches off again. The organiser always clicks when it switches on.
Boris
Administrator

Re: Why does my organiser click every so often?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 28th, 2005, 5:53pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Oct 26th, 2005, 12:51am, Trevsta asked an additional question:
I have a few PSION XPs.
Some of them click on button press while some seem to be operating in silent mode.  Is there any way of activating the clicks, or even making them louder?

Yes, you can change the duration of the click (which is in fact a very short beep). Some of the possible settings are produce more audible clicks, and you can even replace the click by a beep.

Since this requires some fiddling with system variables, I have written a small tool to handle these safely and comfortably. (download)

Triholerahduliäöhh gugguh !! (tyrolean joy jodler)
Rough translation: There's a new build of Psi2Win!!
Email: boris[at]psion2[dot]org
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

The Psion Organiser II Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.