The PSION Organiser II Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Why register?
   The Psion Organiser II Forum
   Frequently Asked Questions
   FAQ - General

Can I make a POS organiser act like a normal one?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Can I make a POS organiser act like a normal one?  (Read 6492 times)
theBot
Administrator

Can I make a POS organiser act like a normal one?
« on: Jan 1st, 2001, 12:00pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Can I make a POS organiser act like a normal organiser?
Psion has not discarded the organiser functions (except of INFO on the POS350) from the ROM built into the POS.  
So there are two tools to activate the sleeping resources of your POS. The only drawback is that you have to have a normal organiser to install the software (if you fail at that point, post a message to the Help board!).  

Jaap Sherphuis has written a software patch to convert the two-line models (P2xx, P350) to normal XPs.

Terry Kitcheners loader converts a P464 to LZ64 and probably also works for the P432.
« Last Edit: Aug 29th, 2003, 11:04am by Boris »
pjbw

Re: Can I make a POS organiser act like a normal o
« Reply #1 on: Apr 11th, 2003, 2:05pm »

We have been clearing out the office this am and came across 6 Psion Organiser II Model LZ's  with 19V power supply and adapter, datapack formatter. There are also 2 x 5.25" floppies  (Comms Link RS232, The Organizer Developer) and their manuals. There is also a Comms Link cable.
It is possible that these are POS models and people dimly remember that  programs for bar-code reading etc. were developed on a PC and downloaded.
I would like to restore one (or more  ) of the organisers to the normal mode - is it possible to download Jaap Sherphuis' patch and the Comms Link RS232 software to my PC and normalise the organisers from there?

Peter
Boris
Administrator

Re: Can I make a POS organiser act like a normal o
« Reply #2 on: Apr 12th, 2003, 7:07pm »

It is possible that these are POS?
You can find out very easily: Remove the battery and all packs, press ON, insert the battery - but not the packs - and turn it on. If it just says 'PACK ?' and turns itself off again, its a POS.

Is it possible to download Jaap Sherphuis' patch and the Comms Link RS232 software to my PC and normalise the organisers from there?
No way, you need a datapack with the patch on it!
Pos organisers need a program to boot from, and in this case it will be the patch program.  
If you don't have a normal organiser to get the patch onto a pack, I will do that for you. Contact me for details.
« Last Edit: Jan 27th, 2004, 2:40am by Boris »

Triholerahduliäöhh gugguh !! (tyrolean joy jodler)
Rough translation: There's a new build of Psi2Win!!
Email: boris[at]psion2[dot]org
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

The Psion Organiser II Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.