The PSION Organiser II Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Why register?
   The Psion Organiser II Forum
   Frequently Asked Questions
   FAQ - Peripherals & Interfacing

Can I make a mains adapter connection myself?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Can I make a mains adapter connection myself?  (Read 2236 times)
theBot
Administrator

« on: Jan 1st, 2001, 12:00pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Unlike a Comms link, this is relatively simple to make, as there is no software and little electronics involved.  
The standard adapter box simply connects the two lines from the adapter socket directly to two pins in the top slot, though the + line does go through a diode first. This diode serves two functions, it ensures that if the polarity of the adapter is accidentally reversed it will not damage the organiser, and stops the battery leaking its energy when the outside voltage drops.  
The top slot has two rows of 8 pin holes. If you hold the organiser normally, the - and + lines are connected to the 5th and 6th pin respectively, counting from the left in the nearest row of pin sockets. You can take a look at the pictures on the hardware project page to see what I mean.  
Even though I believe this information is correct, we will not be held responsible for any damage that may result if you attempt this, especially because the organisers are very easily damaged by this kind of project.
« Last Edit: Oct 13th, 2002, 9:53am by theBot »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

The Psion Organiser II Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.