The PSION Organiser II Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Why register?
   The Psion Organiser II Forum
   Frequently Asked Questions
   FAQ - Peripherals & Interfacing

How do I use a mains adapter?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: How do I use a mains adapter?  (Read 4455 times)
theBot
Administrator

How do I use a mains adapter?
« on: Jan 1st, 2001, 12:00pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

How do I attach the organiser to a mains adapter?
What you need first is a way to connect an adapter plug to the organiser. The Comms link and Psion printer each already have an adapter socket, and separate adapter connection boxes were available as well. If you have any of these you can plug an ordinary stabilized 9V DC adapter, providing at least 150mA.

The standard Psion adapter gives about 175mA at 10.5V. According to the technical manual, external power should be between 6 and 11V, preferably at least 0.5V above the internal battery voltage. However, the organiser is fairly flexible in this regard, since it seems to run even on car batteries (12V) with no problems.

But polarity matters: Make sure that plus is connected to the middle pin!
« Last Edit: Jun 2nd, 2005, 9:54pm by Boris »
thesourcerer
Mega Power Member

Email

Re: How do I use a mains adapter?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29th, 2004, 11:21am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Or you could buy a genuine Psion II power supply! I've got plenty available, including continental (2 pin) versions.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

The Psion Organiser II Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.