The PSION Organiser II Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Why register?
   The Psion Organiser II Forum
   Marketplace
   Wanted Items
(Moderators: theBot, Mikesan)
   Re: Looking for Thesaurus & Spelling Checker Pack
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Re: Looking for Thesaurus & Spelling Checker Pack  (Read 385 times)
Mikesan
Administrator

« on: Mar 7th, 2017, 12:25pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Do you have an EPROM copier?
If so, I can lend you the chip that I have and you can copy it.  You'll need a 64K Datapak - that's all it is.  Take the chip out (desolder) copy the data to it, solder it back in.  I'd give you an OPK, but the chip isn't in a pak right now.
1333david

« Reply #1 on: Mar 7th, 2017, 1:09pm »

Thanks for your reply Mike.

reading through https://www.jaapsch.net/psion/galpacks.htm#program it looks like the Thesaurus & Spelling Checker, had a custom circuit board with a surface-mounted 256K ROM chip. It has a different addressing method to other packs so can't be copied.  You maybe thinking of the older spellchecker?

I would really like the Thesuarus too.  It's for my daughter to help with her school work.  I think she is the only one using a Psion Organiser II at her primary school!
Mikesan
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: Mar 13th, 2017, 3:48pm »

Ah yes, you are right, I'd forgotten  
1333david

« Reply #3 on: Aug 22nd, 2017, 2:29pm »

Thanks to the Sourcerer for supplying the Thesaurus & Spelling Checker Pack via ebay.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

The Psion Organiser II Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.