The PSION Organiser II Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Why register?
   The Psion Organiser II Forum
   User Forum
   User Post
(Moderator: Mikesan)
   Message for starhawk, Re: Hey, here's an idea...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Message for starhawk, Re: Hey, here's an idea...  (Read 133 times)
MartinReid
Mega Power Member

Message for starhawk, Re: Hey, here's an idea...
« on: Dec 7th, 2018, 7:10pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Dear Starhawk

I'm posting here so I can attached the ZIP containing the 250+ item Grocery.ODB

Futher to your message..
Thank you, Sir Sourcerer...!  
What I meant with two-key 'shortcuts' was more like entering LT and having it know I mean LETTUCE and printing that on the relevant line.

The attached is a 'possible' database file you could use to create your application, all you need to do is add your own 'LT' = LETTUCE code for each item.

Sincerely and in good faith
Martin
GroceryList.zip (attachment deleted)
starhawk
Mega Power Member

Re: Message for starhawk, Hey, here's an idea...
« Reply #1 on: Dec 8th, 2018, 4:07pm »

Thank you! Now I just need to make it interactive (so that it selects certain entries from the database, orders them, and compiles them into a smaller list) and add printing ability... that should be interesting...
Mikesan
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: Dec 9th, 2018, 9:44am »

This all looks a bit familiar to me!

Look at; http://forum.psion2.org/YaBB.pl?board=UserPost;action=display;num=117784 8529

There are a couple of things about 'BC Data' that you might find useful.

The first is that in order to produce the Japanese katakana, you need to access those characters using - up to three characters...

The second thing is that, despite the bilingual and boot-pack nature of it, it is just a simple selling database - an excellent jumping-off point.

These were some of my experiments some decades ago.  We play a relay race...
starhawk
Mega Power Member

« Reply #3 on: Dec 9th, 2018, 6:04pm »

Ooh, this is promising! THANK YOU! I'm snowed in at the moment (although, thankfully, the power has not yet gone out... but I'm waiting, as the snow is still falling...) but I'll take a proper look once the weather clears and I'm out of 'hunker down' mode...
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

The Psion Organiser II Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.