The PSION Organiser II Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Why register?
   The Psion Organiser II Forum
   User Forum
   User Post
(Moderator: Mikesan)
   Fast Food
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Fast Food  (Read 36 times)
Mikesan
Administrator

Fast Food
« on: Aug 7th, 2018, 10:53am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

or  
Either way, a lot of people eat it because it is, well, fast!

Back in those days, I was an installation team leader in the IMB/NatWest 'RBP Project'.  We installed what was then the upgrade to all the Nat West banks in the UK  (RBP - Retail Banking Platform).

There could be quite a few engineers on site as we used to try to get one bank done in a day.  But come lunch time, who is going to grab the McDonalds orders?  I drew the short straw on more than one occasion and decided to do something about it, as I had a Series 3 in my 'bum bag' and so I decided to knock this out one lunch time.  Actually, it was modified over about a week as new things were discovered as missing - totally organic and unplanned software! It worked!  Enjoy!

But how do we run this?

There are a ton of emulators and other really useful software and information here;

https://psion.info/GJ5/emulator16.html

I have found the later PsiWin software to be somewhat 'slicker' than the earlier version, but to not have so many useful features.  I personally use PsiWin v1.1, because it converts well and provides the Psion Database Manager, which 2.3.3 does not.  Your choice!

As for cables, then you'll need the "soap-on-rope" Comms Link for the 3 and 3a machines.  These had both DB25F and DB9F RS232 connectors.  The later ones had a slimline multiway connector on one end of the cable and a DB9F RS232 on the other. The HC & Workabouts can use a DB9F to DB9F 'null modem' cable.
MacTotl.zip 4.6 kb
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

The Psion Organiser II Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.