The PSION Organiser II Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Why register?
   The Psion Organiser II Forum
   User Forum
   User Post
(Moderator: Mikesan)
   Psiora - Psion Emulator: Request for code and devs
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Psiora - Psion Emulator: Request for code and devs  (Read 3623 times)
Sora
Administrator

Psiora - Psion Emulator: Request for code and devs
« on: Jun 4th, 2014, 8:24pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi all,

Sorry for the long delay on the Psiora Psion Organiser II Emulator. I have been a bit snowed under with my university degree, which is now complete. So I am able to continue development at last.

Im currently thinking of an idea of combining all the psion tools into one program. In particular Psi2Win and Psi2Backup as being able to link the emulator with a real psion to transfer files and backups would work well. I would also like to look at the code and see if I can upgrade all tools to work on modern systems.

So could any developers who are interested in adding their tools into one project or submitting they code for me to use and add (full credit to the original developer will be given). Please contact me or comment on this post.  

Additional any users who wish to submit opl, ob3 or pak images please comment with attachments. It would be nice to have every single pak image running in the emulator.

My goal is a single program which will preserve the psion and all its software for the future as well as allow development of new software.

I am now making the emulator open source for all the public to help me. I will be uploading all code, binaries and guides to www.sourceforge.com/p/psiora

Scott Richards
Developer of Psiora

Psiora - Psion II Emulator by Scott Richards
New download coming soon...
starhawk
Power Member

Re: Psiora - Psion Emulator: Request for code and
« Reply #1 on: Jun 5th, 2014, 4:04am »

Can you make a linux version? That would be AWESOME. I'm now on linux full time (my distro is a little odd -- it's not one of the well-known ones -- but this version is compatible with Slackware 14) and can't use Windows programs (I don't have WINE installed, and TBH, I don't want to).
Sora
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: Jun 5th, 2014, 10:12am »

I certainly can. I already release a linux version as I actually develop it on Linux and then port it to windows with mingw compiler. I test and compile on kubuntu, but as I use no distribution specific code, it should work fine.

starhawk
Power Member

« Reply #3 on: Jun 5th, 2014, 3:12pm »

Oh, wonderful! My Org2 will perhaps no longer be sidelined...

BTW -- I use Puppy Linux, which is sort of a 'distro family' (us Puppians do things a little differently). There are lots and lots of Puppies... the one I use is X-Slacko 1.1-PAE, which is 32bit and compatible with Slackware 13.37 + Slackware 14.0 *.txz packages and binaries. It can also use Ubuntu and Debian *.deb packages and binaries, but sometimes it has issues with those... on top of all that, Puppy has its own package system -- *.pet files ("Puppy's Extra Treats", lol) are a tarball with an appended MD5Sum (appended how, I'm not sure).

tl;dr anything that works for 32bit Slackware 14.0 should work for me.
ukscone

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jun 9th, 2014, 11:48pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I just tried to build the source from sourceforge on a raspberry pi but the Makefile wouldn't create correctly and lots of errors when actually building. have you got a binary for the raspberry pi as i'd like to give this a go

thanks
Sora
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: Jul 2nd, 2014, 3:49pm »

The version on sourceforge is still being updated, and so is unstable, while i finish off the final release version.

You can download the last development release from before I rewrote the core, from here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5WgS1GXwBnQQ1VBTmIzazJaUGM

It should run on the raspberry pi, but it may be slow as this version does not make any use of the GPU. That is something I already have working in the final version when its released.

The executable will be made in the build/linux folder.

you will need to install
libgtk2.0-dev
libsdl1.2-dev
libsdl1.2
to compile and run the emulator

Let me know if you have any problems.

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

The Psion Organiser II Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.