The PSION Organiser II Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Why register?
   The Psion Organiser II Forum
   User Forum
   User Post
(Moderator: Mikesan)
   SPaint - Paint Program for Psion
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: SPaint - Paint Program for Psion  (Read 1028 times)
Sora
Administrator

SPaint - Paint Program for Psion
« on: Aug 4th, 2010, 4:09pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I mentioned it in another thread. But I am current finishing a paint program for the LZ & XP models.

The program is character based, but allows use of udgs.
Current the program allows you to store up to 32 udgs (brushes) but obviously only 8 can be on screen at a time.
Image sizes can be almost any size so you can creating scrolling images for games.

When complete there will also be a proc for opl implementation so you can load images in your games, etc...

The reason I am mentioning this before I release it is because I want to know how people would like it to save, for easy access by your programs. It already uses its own native format for the program and opl implementation said above.

Hope this makes sense.

Anyone with any idea, savers, loaders or comments. Please post so I can include them if possible.

Psiora - Psion II Emulator by Scott Richards
New download coming soon...
snigfarp
Power Member

Re: SPaint - Paint Program for Psion
« Reply #1 on: Aug 4th, 2010, 7:11pm »

I'm not sure I've any preference for how it's stored.  But as for how it's retrieved, it would be useful if sections of the image could be returned as 32- or 80-character strings, to allow a screenful to be output at once with a simple PRINT.

Damian
http://psigamer.cyningstan.org.uk/
Sora
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: Apr 20th, 2012, 4:28pm »

Sorry it has been a while, I have very busy and working on other things.

I now give you the release of SPaint - Paint program for XP and LZ.

I believe this version to be bug free however I could only test XP mode under emulation on an LZ. If you find any bugs or have any features to request. Please post on this thread or email.

Help documents have been included.
SPaint.zip (attachment deleted)

Robertgrint

« Reply #3 on: Apr 28th, 2012, 9:06am »

The program you have developed is really useful and easy to use i guess but my point is if 32 brushes is available then if it is possible to display all the 32 brushes as it would be much easier to select,because we will have change the setting after completing the use of 8 brushes, and is your program supported by win7?

pass a drug test
Sora
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: Apr 28th, 2012, 2:03pm »

This program is only for Psion  Org 2 LZ and XP models. It does not run on computers.

The 32 brushes are so you can build up a palette of graphics. It is only possible to display 8 at only due to hardware limitations.

I could add a button to reuse the last brush instead of going through the menu each time. If that would help? Any other suggestions?

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

The Psion Organiser II Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.