The PSION Organiser II Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Why register?
   The Psion Organiser II Forum
   User Forum
   User Post
(Moderator: Mikesan)
   Encryption Program for .ODB data files
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Encryption Program for .ODB data files  (Read 1029 times)
ek48

Encryption Program for .ODB data files
« on: May 22nd, 2010, 3:33pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

PSICRYPT is a rather secure program to encrypt/decrypt whole Organiser data files (.ODB) requesting a Password/-phrase AND a Seed Number to initialize the (Pseudo-)Random Number Generator.
The alternative PSICRPTX works the same, but allows you to process either the whole file (i. e. ALL records, as does PSICRYPT) or only PART of the file (only selected/marked records). If you want to encrypt only a few records within your data file, this alternative would be much faster ...  

Included here are also some utilities like CHARFREQ (calculates the frequency distribution of characters), CHKSUM (calculates & displays a checksum), FILESTAT (displays some data & file structure information), COMPARE (compares file1 with file2) etc.

I propose a CHALLENGE with a prize of EUR 100 to anybody who succeeds in cracking PSICRYPT and decrypting the here supplied cipher text file PSICRPTE.ODB.

Please try/test the program and let me know about your experience, suggestions etc. I would also (and especially) be VERY interested in further development (and acceleration) of PSICRYPT ...
PSICRYPT.ZIP (attachment deleted)
« Last Edit: May 28th, 2010, 2:19pm by ek48 »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

The Psion Organiser II Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.