The PSION Organiser II Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Why register?
   The Psion Organiser II Forum
   User Forum
   User Post
(Moderator: Mikesan)
   LogTim - How Much Time Does That Cost?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: LogTim - How Much Time Does That Cost?  (Read 2280 times)
Mikesan
Administrator

LogTim - How Much Time Does That Cost?
« on: May 6th, 2010, 3:54pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I thought I'd posted this before, but perhaps not!

This program is called 'LogTim' and it logs time.

It records alternate START and STOP times.

The differences between these can be displayed.

One can assign a cost per hour. There is no unit symbol used, so it could be Euros, Pounds, Dollars, Yen - whatever you like.

I've used this successfully to calculate and also to demonstrate how long processes take and what that translates to in terms of cost.

I hate to think in these terms when considering OPL development! Still, that's life

Please feel free to use this program to keep track of your paid-for projects, or even just as a way of letting people know how much they have been getting away with.

I wrote this in 1995, so writing a manual now would be almost as much work as the program itself.

The best way to understand it is to use it.

Step 1. Make a pack from the .OPK supplied using the Psion MAKE.EXE utility a Comms Link and an Organiser and a Datapak of some sort (Rampaks are a super-quick way of trying out new software..).

Step 2. Run ITEMLOG. The program is auto 2/4 line, so an XP or an LZ is fine.

Step 3a. Specify a NEW FILE (suggest "A:LOGTIM"). N.B. DO NOT use A:MAIN, because LogTim expects a certain format, so a "FORMAT ERROR" message will show. It that happens, you will need to delete "A:TLGCF" or edit it so it no longer points to the incompatible file.

Step 3b. During this initial configuration step, you can set the rate per hour that you want to charge.

Step 4. EXPLORE! The menus and prompts more, or less tell you what to do. Another thing you can do is look at the OPL to see what is happening.

Worth noting about ORG2.EXE (Psion Emulator - part of the Organiser Developer Kit). Under Windows XP, I found that my more recent installation causes the Emulator to LOSE THE .OPL SOURCE FILE, IF YOU TRY TO SAVE IT! It seems to have no problem using TRAN, or the OPLTRAN.EXE utility though (phew!..). Also, you will find that any files with a READ ONLY ATRRIBUTE SET will not be processed. Clear those attributes first. Make strategic copies of your work...

UPDATE re the above warning.  I've found that v3.21 of The Organiser Developer (needed for MAKEing Flashpaks anyway) will save your edits properly.  However, still be cautious, as Windows sometimes takes some time to actually write the file to disk for some reason.

Above all, have fun.

N.B. Although freeware, this code is copyright and not PLR - you cannot sell it.
LogTim.zip (attachment deleted)
« Last Edit: May 6th, 2010, 7:56pm by Mikesan »
Mikesan
Administrator

Re: LogTim - How Much Time Does That Cost?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 4th, 2014, 8:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

This might not be exactly the same as the original one, but should run...
LogTimB.zip 57.8 kb
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

The Psion Organiser II Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.