The PSION Organiser II Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Why register?
   The Psion Organiser II Forum
   User Forum
   User Post
(Moderator: Mikesan)
   JR Times
« No topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: JR Times  (Read 865 times)
Mikesan
Administrator

JR Times
« on: Nov 18th, 2008, 3:35pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

The problem with timetables is that there are so many possible combinations. If one were to have all of them for say, London, the Organiser (or Datapak) would become pretty full.  Moreover, one often uses just one or two stations, so most of the time, the information is wasted.  With this program, you have a timetable for each station platform.
JRTIMES.zip 27.5 kb
Mikesan
Administrator

Re: JR Times
« Reply #1 on: May 17th, 2018, 9:25pm »

I really wasn't joking - this program would be great in Japan!  
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-44149791?SThisFB
MartinReid
Power Member

« Reply #2 on: May 18th, 2018, 8:34pm »

Dear Mike

I gave it a go in Jape, by uploading the JRTime.OPK (Jape set to LZ64).

Unfortunately it stopped with an error 203 Missing Proc. There are lots of OPL files there but no way of knowing what's missing!

I do like the UDG..

Sincerely
Martin

JRTime_in_Jape_Error.png 12.1 kb
Mikesan
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 19th, 2018, 7:54pm »

Ooer, thanks, I'll look into why...
Mikesan
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: Jun 14th, 2018, 2:16pm »

OK, found the problem!

But instead of modifying the ZIP, I've produced a video that takes you through how to fix the problem; "Give a man a fish, feed him for a day, show him how to fish, feed him for life."

https://youtu.be/BcaX1-aRDMQ

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: Jun 14th, 2018, 2:18pm by Mikesan »
MartinReid
Power Member

« Reply #5 on: Jun 14th, 2018, 7:06pm »

Dear Mike

Sorry, don't take this badly but I gave up at about 7 minutes 50.

I'm not sure how many visitors we have to the forum, but I will put my shirt on the fact that no one completes what you put in that video.

Jaap suggested he might update Jape to cut and paste into [Prog] [Edit], until then I use ORG2 emulator nearly every week. I'm currently writing a carpenters cutting list 'yeald' routine. I feel quite comfortable with ORG2 but even so I dozed off before the end.

Anyway you never know I may be wrong! If anyone completes Mikes 'video tutorial' let us know I might have to buy a new shirt.

Sincerely and in good faith
Martin
Mikesan
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: Jun 14th, 2018, 9:46pm »

Well, I was responding to,

"There are lots of OPL files there but no way of knowing what's missing!"

because there absolutely is a way to know!  Not only that, I've always commented ('REMarked') my code, so that even I can figure it out many years later and JRTIME is no exception.

In this case, as Boris urged me to do at the time, I even put a manual in there, which, of course, I didn't read either this time and went at finding out why by analysing the code instead in the video, but had I done so, I would have seen that it says;

Selecting The File.

The file to be loaded is offered as soon as the program is run.  This defualt filename and location is made possible by a small procedure which the user writes.  It MUST be called JRT$;

JRT$:
  RETURN "A:FILENAME"

As you can see, it's very simple.  The first file prompted for by the program in this instance would be "FILE> A:FILENAME".  One would normally just accept this by pressing [EXE].

That said, what with the extremely laggy recording and unplanned format, yes, I'll admit that it is a pretty crappy video, but what I said stands.

This forum is about enthusiasts who are willing to take other people's code and figure it out and even enhance it - Psion didn't even bother with REMs in a lot of cases!  It's nice if one finds someone's program and it just works, "right out of the box", but the onus is on the finder of such programs to iron-out any bugs.

So sorry to disagree, but it is a really simple fix and one that was actually in the manual supplied in the zip and wasn't actually an error.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« No topic | Next topic »

The Psion Organiser II Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.