The PSION Organiser II Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Why register?
   The Psion Organiser II Forum
   User Forum
   User Post
(Moderator: Mikesan)
   Alternative UDG function
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Alternative UDG function  (Read 880 times)
snigfarp
Power Member

Alternative UDG function
« on: Dec 19th, 2006, 10:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I've always found the UDG statement, and its XP equivalent, a little cumbersome.  So I developed an alternative for the XP, which someone might want to convert to the LZ.  Usage is:

udgstr:(u%,u$)

where u% is the UDG 0 to 7, and u$ is an 8-character string.  Each character's code is ANDed with 31 to get the pattern for its respective line.  Since no character on the keyboard gives 31, use a "." for that instead.  There is no error checking for strings less than 8 characters.  An example of its use:

udgstr:(0,"NND.DJJ ")

There is a space before the last quote.
udgstr.opl (attachment deleted)

Damian
http://psigamer.cyningstan.org.uk/
logicaid
Power Member

Re: Alternative UDG function
« Reply #1 on: Jul 20th, 2007, 12:02pm »

Hey Damian!
Had not taken any notice of this little utility as I've only been using my LZ recently, and find that its UDG function is quite useable. But just been trying something on my XP and remembered seeing your post...so I've just been using your method and have to say it makes the XP UDGs much easier to deal with, especially if you just needed one or two of them.
Perhaps I should add that the 'code' for the strings is as follows-
A = 1
B= 2...etc
(since it took me a while to figure that out!! duh!!)

Anyway,
Thanks!
Alan.
snigfarp
Power Member

Re: Alternative UDG function
« Reply #2 on: Jun 21st, 2010, 8:54am »

Having delved into the technical documents on the Org2 web site, I find that the old CM/XP method of defining UDGs works on the LZ.  So if you want to write code that'll work across the Organiser II range with little or no changes, then this UDG routine will do the business.  That is true for the more common CM/XP UDG routine posted elsewhere, too.

Damian
http://psigamer.cyningstan.org.uk/
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

The Psion Organiser II Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.