The PSION Organiser II Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Why register?
   The Psion Organiser II Forum
   User Forum
   User Post
(Moderator: Mikesan)
   BIG-digits display, clock
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: BIG-digits display, clock  (Read 1015 times)
logicaid
Power Member

BIG-digits display, clock
« on: Aug 11th, 2005, 6:07am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Here's a method of putting big digits on a 2-line display
-there's a simple 4-digit clock to demo the idea, although I originally was heading towards a display for a knot-meter (speedo) for a sailing dinghy, which could be seen from some distance. Should be useful for anything which needs big visible numbers, like temperature or rpm, or could be used to show one or two hex-bytes if you added some letters to the set of characters....(tested on XP only)
Alan.
bigdig.zip (attachment deleted)
logicaid
Power Member

Re: BIG-digits display, clock
« Reply #1 on: Aug 24th, 2005, 2:25am »

I now have a file (attached here)with a picture of the XP screen showing the 4 big digits. 'Funny' time is because its running as mins/secs. BTW I have just aquired an LZ and discovered the program needs a small change to run on it, due to the fact that the operating system writes over the UDG all the time. Just need to re-call the UDGSET procedure each time thru the display loop (I think?),and edit-out the wait at the end. I'd appreciate a response from anyone who makes use of this for any sort of data collection/display or whatever, just curious as to what others are doing with their II's.
bigchr.zip (attachment deleted)
Zac Schroff
Power Member

Re: BIG-digits display, clock
« Reply #2 on: Dec 31st, 2012, 10:46pm »

If you turn off the clock display on the LZ, it will stop clobbering the UDGs.

Tact is for those who are not witty enough to be sarcastic.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

The Psion Organiser II Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.